<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/24770279?origin\x3dhttp://flowerhanky.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
“Quand il me prend dans ses bras,
Il me parle tout bas,
Je vois la vie en rose.


Mix Goldfish .L



31st January

follow me on Twitter

traintracks

Alden Cihui Fadzli Farrhan Gervina Hwee See Janice Jerelynn Joanne Jocelyn Kevin Melody Mindy Peng Hui Qudsia Sheryl Soon Fang Wen Kiong Xue Ling Yijun Yijun II

Liveearth short films.

credits

1 2 3
Sunday, June 27, 2010

HELLO MALAYSIA!

It's been 10 long years since I ever stepped out of Singapore. Although it's only malaysia, I think I had my fair share of enjoyable moments. I got to feast my eyes on beautiful scenaries especially at Genting Highlands and Melacca. The first stop was at the bottom hill of Gentings. We had to stay a day there as there's no vaccancies left at the First World Hotel.


Photobucket
This is already the second day's morning at Genting (Bottom hill). Avana hotel is the name. Spacious room with balcony.

Photobucket
Beautiful morning with hazzze.
After wash up and packing of stuffs, we checked out the hotel and prepared to go uphills-by cable cars. I think it's only the second time that I'm taking a cable car. More like excited than scared. Hees.

Photobucket
My niece, Sherryl.
I swear it was a bit freaky when the cable car reaches each point and goes higher.It's not the height that's bothering me, it's the loud crank. I tried to distract myself by taking photos up there.


Photobucket Photobucket

Going UP! My niece recording every moment with her video cam.
Caslyn( Sherryl's cousin) is afraid of heights.She kept looking at the front.
Reached Genting Highlands soon after.We checked in our hotel and went to purchase the tickets for the amusement park.I think the kids have been waiting for this.


Photobucket

My ticket!

Photobucket

Happy kids at the red telephone booth.
We didn't took much rides cause there was a change in weather. It started with a drizzle then big rain. We waited at the shelter and when rain isn't that big, we took this ride.

Photobucket

Some revolving ride.
You spin my head right round,right round. I was very giddy after this.
After that, it continued to rain. So we went back to our rooms to have a nice warm bath.We were drenched with rainwater and some murky water from one of the amusement park rides.I think my little nephew is the happiest at the end of the day. Everyone forked in to play this throw-the-ball-and-get-a-prize game.Every kid there got a share to play, even some of the adults but only him, who won something.

Photobucket

70 sgd worth teddy that my nephew got from the game.
Everyone rested early for that day as we had to move on to another place the next day.

Photobucket

Morning view at 7am,
Genting Highlands.

Photobucket

Good morning,Genting! (:

We drove up to Kuala Lumpur on day 3.Reached there at around 2 plus.Had lunch at some chinese restaurant, then we went back to the hotel to slack and went for some shopping in the evening. There isn't much photos taken at Kuala Lumpur cause I did not bring my camera out.

Photobucket

Washroom at KL's hotel.

Photobucket

KL's infamous Petronas Tower, taken in the moving car.
Die die must take.

We left Kuala Lumpur on day 4 for Melacca. It's already last day of my stay in Malaysia. The first thing we did when we reach Melacca,was this: To-eat-A-&-W.

I was dying to eat this.I have been thinking about it since day 1.We passed by many A&W outlets at KL but did not get to eat it.Then finally, my day is here.I was so happy I could die. Even drooling when thinking of it now.


Photobucket

Curly fries and Root beer float with single scoop ice cream.
I was super full from KL's morning buffet but I had to eat this.
I.had.to.

Photobucket

I asked my niece to take this.

After a satisfying lunch at A&W, we moved on. Stopped by at this Bee museum at the roadside so we decided to go down and have a look.

Photobucket

Main entrance.

Photobucket

The worker auntie showcasing the bees that they keep.

Photobucket

One of the exhibits. Don't worry, they are dead.
Feeling itchy yet?

Next stop was this place showing the houses that different states have. This place is sadly,going to be demolish soon.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Cameras and videocam ready.

Photobucket

Photobucket
This is the 'refrigerator' people use in the past.
It's a cabinet where people store leftover foods.


Photobucket
One of the houses.

Photobucket
Vintage sewing machine and beaded shoes.
Reminded me of Little Nyonya.


Photobucket
Baskets.

Photobucket

Wooden chairs, wooden tables and wooden house.

Photobucket

Me with niece again.
The glaring sun is the reason of her squinting eyes.I was feeling sticky too.

Photobucket

Then we left the place again. Went to get food to be brought back to Singapore and later, to our last stop, the Christ Church of Melacca for more pictures.

Photobucket

Food Pyramid.


Photobucket

I kind of like this.
Looks a bit like Clarke Quay.


Photobucket Photobucket

Holland Windmill and a man with snake.
I touched snake twice in Malaysia. The first time was at Gentings the the second, here.


Photobucket
A lot of tourists and visitors took photo with this.
Built in memory of a queen.

Photobucket

Christ Church of Melacca (:

Photobucket

Trishaw overloaded with brightly-hued flowers.
There were a lot of this kind of trishaw around the vicinity.


Photobucket

Back alley.
We walked furthur down to another street nearby to this place called Jonker Walk. The place is very much like chinatown, selling variety of goods. Clothes, accessories, nitty-gritties and of course, scrumptious food.

Photobucket

Busy streets of Jonker Walk.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Food vendors:
Man selling popiah (on left)
and vendor selling colourful alkaline cakes (on right)

After doing enough shopping, we stopped by this famous shop for our last meal before returning back to Singapore.

Photobucket

They had very vintage furnishings and decorations all over the shop. My fingers didn't stop working. The food were great too.

Photobucket

Niece and her brother. The 70 dollar teddy owner.

Photobucket

Adults had penang laksa while the kids had...

Photobucket

CHENDOL!
Extra Gula Melaka with extra coconut milk with bouncy chendol.
Fat I know,but really good.

Photobucket

Wall filled with vintage paintings, calligraphy and photos.


Photobucket
And more paintings.

Photobucket


There were really old furniture and fixtures as well.
Taking this type-writer for instance.


Photobucket


Last photo of the day.It's getting late and dark outside, gotta get home. Bye Malaysia!May visit you some other time.